Saturday, August 18, 2007

GOING WITH THE FLOW



This whole exhibition seems to tell a story by the manner that these art pieces were hung on the walls. Considering the fact that I haven't had an ocular inspection of the exhibition venue, which is several thousands of miles away, prior to the exhibition, I did not really have a final plan what to bring here in my first North American solo art exhibition. I just tried to be true to its title FREE FLOW and let the whole project unfold like a mystery by itself, doing each and every artpiece for several months one at a time in between my jobs. But as the exhibition preparation progresses I tried to adjust to the given situation as dictated by and relative to the exhibition venue. It turned out that the outcome of how they were arranged in sequence gave me an idea on how to view them collectively or individually.

No comments: