Friday, July 27, 2007


At the start I felt a slight tinge of nervousness only to disappear right away when my turn to talk started. That nervousness was replaced by confidence. I started by giving thanks to our God the Father Almighty for bringing me safely there and making the whole event possible.
In my mind, had something unfavorable happened, had some kind of racial profiling occurred in the US immigration especially because I was bemoustached and sporting a long hair, or had all the preparations gone awry then nothing like that moment in front of those curious audiences, with their pink cheeks in the Bradford winter adding color to the dimly-lit room, would have ever happened. (BTW, back in Hong Kong my wife Sally was rushed by ambulance to the hospital due to back pains that caused her to have difficulty standing. But later, all was well and good)

No comments: